Each week, Chicagoland employers post dozens of new Training and Development openings. Opportunities are definitely out there locally and nationally. Be sure to check out some of the links on our jobs page.
Roosevelt has a reputation for training its trainers well, so hiring managers and recruiters frequently contact Roosevelt’s TRDV faculty for leads.
Recently, Lindsey Schwartz, a recruiter from Smart Resources, Inc., wanted our department to know about two Training and Development positions she’s looking to fill. The jobs, one internal and one external, are with an IT consulting firm based in the Chicago area.
“Instead of training clients, the internal role will be responsible for training employees, promoting professional development, etc.,” Schwartz said in an email to Department Advisor Tara Hawkins. “The company is an IT consulting firm with a focus on healthcare technology. They are headquartered here in the Loop, and also have offices in central Illinois, southern California, and Iowa. In total, they are about 90 people strong and have been around since 1997. This firm works with a majority of the hospitals and healthcare organizations in the Chicago area, and at the moment, they are looking for a Training Consultant as well as an Internal Training Specialist to join their busy team. The Consultant will be a client-facing role, and will be responsible for developing training content using software such as Captivate, Camtasia, etc. In addition, there will be a training delivery piece, in which the consultant will facilitate classroom sessions to groups of 5-75 participants. The training team delivers education on hardware, software, and soft skills to their clients, and for the consultant role, up to 50% travel can be expected, both local to Chicago and the suburbs as well as nationwide. The internal training role would have a minimal amount of travel involved (20% or less).”
Here is the job description Schwartz provided:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
As a member of the Training & Development practice, the Training & Development Consultant role will include the following responsibilities:
• Conduct assessments to determine training needs
• Strategic design of comprehensive training solutions to meet client’s needs
• Alignment of technologies and processes/workflows
• Design & development of training content for clients
• Delivery of training, in-person and online
• Fulfillment of Training Lead, SME or Program Manager providing supervisions and guidance on training project implementation
• Degree in education, training, organizational development, instructional design or related field
• Advanced knowledge of elearning development tools and web conferencing tools is a plus
• Knowledge of adult education theories, ADDIE model and related instructional design concepts
• At least two years of professional experience
• Experience designing custom training and OD solutions such as professional development programs, change management initiatives, leadership development, mentoring and coaching, etc.
• Instructional design experience in order to develop content for adults/workforce, in a professional environment
• Demonstrated experience in elearning development utilizing tools like Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia and other related tools
• Experience delivering training, in person and online
• Experience in healthcare or higher-education is a plus
• Previous experience managing training projects is a plus
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly, on their own
• Must be a self-starter, proactive
• Excellent public speaker/presentations skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to work independently but also in a team environment
• Leadership capabilities
• Strategic consultative approach
• Excellent time management skills
• Willingness to travel