September 29, 2014
The Vistex Trainer is responsible for conducting training sessions on the Vistex suite of products for new customers, existing customers, and internal customers. Courses are conducted at client facilities, Vistex training facility, and virtually. Trainer will facilitate technical classes while customizing training materials to ensure that client s needs are met. Responsible for developing, updating, and editing training materials that include outline text, handouts, and exercises. Maintain extensive knowledge of course materials and deliver courses in a professional manner. Expand their own skills while helping to train others. Original Post
As a member of the Curriculum and Program Development team, the Instructional Designers primary responsibilities are to contribute his or her expertise in needs analysis, course development, project management, and evaluation skills to multiple custom curriculum projects for internal and external clients. This is a high-visibility position that requires an individual with experience in higher education/academic course development, a commitment to quality design, a passion for the learner, and the communication skills to work with executives within Cengage Learning, college administrators and faculty, vendors, and contractors. Original Post
Our client is part of a large healthcare organization in the Chicagoland area and is recognized as being one of the top healthcare systems in Illinois. Their expertise runs through various sectors of the medical field and they are looking for great talent to join the staff of their educational program. Our client is looking for dynamic talent that will consult with their administration and faculty on the design of their instructional programs. The instructional designer will interface with the educational staff to design and develop educational materials, methods and teaching assessments on a web-based platform. Original Post
Senior Instructional Designer
Designs and develops complex learning solutions to address anticipated business needs and identified business challenges. Expert learning professional and instructional designer with responsibility for determining delivery technology needed to support overall learning strategy. Original Post
Senior Manager for Education
Frank Lloyd Wright Trust
Develops and operates new and existing education programs on site and off site for students, families, and educators. Develop thematic content and educational initiatives that meet the mission and goals of the Trust while serving audience needs and multiple learning styles. Identify and pursue partnerships with Chicago area libraries and school systems and collaborations with other organizations and institutions to provide support for educational objectives. Original Post
September 25, 2014
Instructional Designer Responsibilities for this job function include: Conduct training needs analysis Write ID plans, reports, status updates Collect content Design learning and performance support solutions *Experienced in design for CBT/WBT (computer based training/web based training) training programs Develop learning and performance support solutions *Experience working with CBT/WBT developers & IT personnel o Coordinate with authors (CBT/WBT and other instructional designers) Write course descriptions, announcements and marketing content o Plan and monitor ID methodology and delivery methodology with customer and team Collaborate with training project manager on ID output review Outputs: *Curriculum outlines and descriptions *Training programs *Workbooks, manuals, job aids, teaching aids and other print media *Train the trainer materials and aids. Original post
The Instructional Designer is responsible for creating or assisting in the purchase of learning materials that help develop the talent required for Sears to become a high performance company and contribute to the talent management process. This position designs and develops solutions that drive business performance across the enterprise. Original post
The Trainer/Instructional Designer will assist in managing the design, development and maintenance of learning solutions to support the roll-out of new Store Planning systems, and facilitate the training of the team in these new systems. The incumbent will work closely with cross functional teams and subject matter experts to determine the design of new curricula based on the needs of the users. Original post
American College of Chest Physicians
Provide managerial and project oversight related to the organization of educational course content by leveraging our existing technology platforms, and complementing our live learning business. Provide leadership and guidance in the development of the CHEST online education portfolio and other educational products, including training and support, educational tools, and features of CHEST Learning (LMS), CHEST Evidence, mobile apps, and other educational products to content experts and other project stakeholders. Collaborate with peers to determine best practices across existing technology platforms, and in the areas of e-learning and gamification instructional strategies in the education environment. Original post
- Designs and develops instructional material across mediums for employee training courses that support proprietary systems, process and procedure as well as financial product knowledge
- Demonstrates and actions effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills
- Can independently develop entry and advanced level courses for both internal and external audiences
- Acts as liaison between Shared Service teams and Training Development in determining needs of the course, appropriate method of delivery, and content level
September 23, 2014
Curricula and Training Developer
Ounce of Prevention Fund
The CTD collaborates with the Project team and key partners to advance and promote the overall educational impact, quality and professionalism of curricula materials and professional development. The CTD is responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of competency based training content and learning experiences to increase staff effectiveness in using newly developed materials.
September 22, 2014
North America Lead, Learning & Expertise Development
The North America Lead is responsible for developing and managing internal ZS learning and development plans for employees in the US and Canada. The role also supervises teams implementing flagship global ZS new hire programs and management development milestone workshops. In addition, the North America Lead drives the curriculum strategy for targeted skill areas and manages the solutions to ensure they continuously meet internal client needs. Original post
Director, Learning & Development
As the Director of Learning and Development, you formulate, develop, and execute the training and development strategy for our business. You develop and implement corporate aligned strategies that enhance the employee experience and drive organizational growth. In addition, you develop, analyze and report HR measures that support Talent Management initiatives and illustrate HR’s impact on the business.Original post
Field Colleague Trainer
Reports to the FTM for training accountabilities. The Field Colleague Trainer is accountable for training and delivering a standard learning curriculum and program within the Region which drives a consistent learning experience, a best-in-class customer experience, and builds colleague engagement.Original post
Instructional Design Specialist
Moraine Valley Community College
Under the supervision of the Director of Non-Traditional Learning, the Instructional Design Specialist is responsible for working with faculty to review and redesign (as appropriate), and infuse innovative contemporary methodologies into the teaching and learning process to improve student success. In addition, the Instructional Design Specialist is responsible for raising faculty and staff awareness of student learning styles as they related to curriculum and student success. This position is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.Original post
Instructional Technologist Sr.
School of Education and Social Policy, Northwestern University
The Instructional Technologist Senior support innovative instruction at the School of Education and Social Policy (SESP) through technology-enhanced learning; work to increase adoption of learning technology among faculty and students through daily interaction, training, and direct in-class support; coordinate the development of training resources; research, recommend, and implement emerging technology solutions. Original post.
September 21, 2014
Part-Time Professional Development Specialist
Neumann Family Services
The part time Professional Development Specialist serves as a primary staff trainer for Neumann Family Services. As a member of the Professional Development team, the Specialist is co-responsible for educating, informing and supporting professionals and Professional Support Workers who support individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental health issues. Additionally this person is required to promote the workforce development in a supportive atmosphere of learning by utilizing best practices in the disability field and the techniques of adult education.Original post
September 17, 2014
Instructional Design Manager
Society of Women Engineers
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Executive Director and Chief Learning Officer, this position manages, designs, and supports the educational activities that are essential to the Society of Women Engineers. The Instructional Design Manager will support the development, implementation, dissemination, and evaluation of all educational learning activities designed by SWE, including online, print and in-person activities.Original post
September 16, 2014
ARS-Instructional Design- Senior Consultant
This role is responsible for designing training content to be delivered to call center Customer Service Representatives. Job Summary Leads development, design and delivery of full life cycle training for call center representatives providing emergency roadside assistance for strategic wholesale and retails clients. Key Responsibilities Researches, documents and develops all training materials in clear, concise and professional manner as required for product, partner, customer service, soft skills and system related training for existing and new client programs. Develops training solutions that enhances the customer experience, optimizes available CSR toolsets and supports business objectives including expense targets. Works closely with both internal and vendor training professionals to build training content. Ensure accuracy of all training documentation, CSR aid materials and on line reference tools providing ease of use and logical access. Ensure materials are current and fulfill client based business requirements. Facilitate all aspects of training delivery.Original post
Use Instructional design background to develop course and curiculum design to best serve dealer/district business goals. Analyze and critique post program results to determine if goals were met; recommend alternative action plans. Assist in execution of planned activities.Communicate with and coordinate product group and internal support resources to meet field driven product/skills training, advertising/promotion campaign development, and overall planning support.
Loyola University Chicago
Provides sound instructional design support to faculty in the design/redesign of online courses. Identifies and implements best practices.Collaborates with faculty to develop curricula and identify instructional material needs. Develops teaching/learning applications, instructional materials and supporting learning aids.Determines appropriate media and technologies for course delivery. Works with faculty to evaluate effectiveness and recommends changes regarding course design, technology and instruction delivery options. Develops and conducts workshops to teach faculty how to use and integrate technology. Develops documentation and manuals as required.
LaSalle Network Inc.
LaSalle Network is proud to be pairing with the world’s leading provider of lifelong education, located in the Chicago area and surrounding suburbs. Our client is looking to grow their team by hiring two to three Instructional Designers to create learning activities that incorporate the university’s curriculum design principles. Must be comfortable and able to interface directly with faculty, advisors, and students.
September 10, 2014
The Judge Group
Founded in 1970 by Martin E. Judge Jr., The Judge Group is a professional services firm offering Technology Consulting, Enterprise-Wide Staffing and Corporate Training.
Design and develop learning solutions including: webinars, eLearning, and performance support.
eLearning design and develop storyboards, scripts, etc. General course design and development including interactive activities, job aids, and evaluation tools. Map business information and processes into training solutions.
Senior Instructional Designer Full-time position in Elk Grove Village, IL
Under the direction of the Talent Development Managers within the Center for Learning & Development, the qualified candidate we seek will be responsible for building highly effective learning programs for the Alexian Brothers Health System. This will encompass designing and developing new customized leadership and professional courses as well as maintaining and updating existing compliance courses using instructional design methods, interactive blended learning approaches, behavioral objectives, and performance measures. This position utilizes instructional design, performance improvement and adult learning principles to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate instructional materials and programs. Additionally, you will establish design and development standards for the Health System to provide knowledge transfer and organizational impact in all talent programs delivered. Ensuring that all program design activities support the Health System strategic direction and positively impacts all participating associates’ performance will also be involved.
Job Requirements Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required; M Ed/S in Instructional Design, Education, Communication, Organizational Design or other equivalent curriculum that focuses on adult learning and learning technologies preferred.
Demonstrated experience designing, developing and evaluating complex learning solutions and development programs.
Creativity and the ability to determine full program impacts are essential.
Deep knowledge and skills with online learning technologies. Articulate, Lectora, SharePoint required. Adobe Captivate, Flash, Learning Management Systems and survey tools preferred.
Experience with all phases of instructional system development including planning, coordination, implementation, revision, presentation, and maintenance of training systems.
6 to 8 years experience in design and development of instructional material in a corporate setting, preferably in a healthcare environment, leading teams in all phases of the project life cycle and producing impactful learning solutions.
3 years of experience in the design and development of web-based solutions.
3 to 6 years experience in managing senior level engagements. Strong level of professionalism, executive presence and credibility; able to effectively challenge and influence business clients/customers.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, team building and problem solving skills.
Experience with rapid eLearning/curriculum development tools, and behavior analysis based courses a plus.
Apply your skills and see the difference you can make at Alexian Brothers Health System! We provide an environment that encourages learning, growth and success, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. Qualified candidates may apply via email to: Jason.Villanueva@alexian.net or apply online at: jobs.alexianbrothershealth.org/jobs/1023600-Senior-Instructional-Designer.aspx
September 9, 2014
Rewarding opportunity to work with low-level adult learners from various cultures and volunteer tutors in Elgin, Carpentersville and nearby suburbs. Position offers a flexible part-time schedule and a variety of duties in small non-profit setting. Located in the Gail Borden Public Library in Elgin.
- Match trained volunteers with learners
- Provide on-going support to tutors and learners
- Pre and post assess adult learners
- Coordinate Conversation Groups and Family Literacy Programs including supervising instructors, scheduling classes and maintaining good communication with site personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
- Experience in adult education and ESL
- Oral Proficiency in Spanish
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
The ideal candidate will have:
- Program coordination and/or teaching experience
- Experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of assessments and special learning needs
- Experience working with limited-English-speaking individuals from diverse cultures
Occasional evenings, Saturdays and local travel required. Work onsite in office is required.
Position is 25 hours per week with flexible schedule. $17.00/hour.
Position is open until filled. We will contact only those individuals who we feel are most qualified for the position. No phone inquiries please. Send resume to:
Karen Oswald, Executive Director
The Literacy Connection
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
September 8, 2014
Online Education Assistant Editor
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking an Online Education Assistant Editor to work in our Education Department.
The Online Education Assistant Editor is responsible for procuring, uploading, editing and tracking content in the Plastic Surgery Education Network (PSEN). This position works extensively in the PSEN Content Management System and coordinates with Subject Matter Experts to update the taxonomy tags on all documents and exams, as well as define the Level of Experience for all courses, articles and videos resident in the education portal. The Online Education Assistant Editor helps in planning the monthly “editorial calendar” for site wide content, sending out communications to all PSEN Section and Assistant Editors, scheduling necessary Editorial Board conference calls and meetings and working with internal staff to generate content for the site. The Assistant Editor also assists in creating and testing online courses for PSEN, as well as continually assessing and suggesting site improvements for customer usability. This position works with the Online Learning Director, the Instructional Designer and other internal staff as well as with volunteer committee members to identify gaps in PSEN educational offerings and to develop appropriate programmatic vehicles to address the identified learning needs of members.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, education or information systems-related field
Experience: 3 to 5 years related experience
Understanding of current online instructional design best practices and adult learning principle.
Content management system user experience.
Experience developing and implementing online educational courses.
Project management/planning skills.
Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in cross-functional teams.
Knowledge of healthcare field desired.
Not-for-profit association experience desired.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work under deadline pressure.
Ability to use content management system and Web-related technologies; understanding of basic HTML and editing tools.
Strong time management and organizational skills.
ASPS offers a competitive benefits package.
For consideration for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com along with a writing sample and salary history. Please type “Online Education Assistant Editor” in the subject line.
September 3, 2014
Director of Education
SmithBucklin is seeking an experienced and dynamic director of education to serve the Legal Marketing Association (LMA, http://www.legalmarketing.org) out of our downtown Chicago offices. The successful candidate will provide thought leadership and strategic oversight to design, develop and execute LMA’s full scope of educational offerings (spanning 16 countries and 48 U.S. states). He/she will serve as the education point of contact for six Special Interest Groups (SIGs), 19 regional chapters and 3500 highly driven members who demand excellence. Additionally, he/she will provide oversight of the educational content for the annual conference, the P3 conference, the Leaders Conference and support the regional conferences offered by specific chapters. This position reports to both the executive director of LMA as well as the director of education and learning services at SmithBucklin.
· Designing, developing and executing educational offerings against strategic business plans
· Identifying new educational offerings based on market analysis and feedback from customers/end users; ensuring educational content is readily accessible and topical to create additional revenue streams
· Overseeing marketing programs to support educational sales in designated market segments; identifying volume and strategic customers; and developing relationships with partners
· Creating strategic objectives and scorecard metrics to determine success of products and services
· Providing timely and accurate sales forecasts and reports to inform strategic decision-making
Building and leading partnerships across groups and affiliate partners with subject matter experts
· Furthering the brand and reach of existing educational offerings to new affiliate partners and potential customers
· Managing an education budget and financial planning activities
· Supervising a team of education specialists
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
· Training certification preferred (DDI, ASTD, etc.)
· 8+ years of experience utilizing adult learning theory and instructional design to develop and execute successful educational and professional development programs and initiatives
· Proven ability to analyze market data, identify opportunities, create an educational strategy and successfully execute
· Experience with the design and implementation of eLearning programs
· Experience building professional certification programs
· Experience or background in the legal industry preferred
· Experience managing a team of education specialists/instructional designers
· Experience managing financials (forecasting and budgeting)
· Proven success developing relationships up, down and sideways in highly matrixed and diverse settings to achieve strong outcomes (volunteer experience a plus)
· Note: This position will require some travel (less than 25%)
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, our unique environment provides exposure to and engagement with accomplished and influential industry leaders who serve on their respective association’s board of directors or committees.
The Education & Certification Services Unit (ECS) supports all client association education and program development needs. Our team members play a critical role in client growth by developing education programs in collaboration with volunteer subject matter experts. Client Association members, now more than ever, expect a return on their investment in professional associations—this return is directly linked to providing the type and quality of educational programs and learning delivery options that meet their needs. Assuring growth and sustainability of members is vital to any association. The key value derived by an association in being “the source” for education and professional development training is essential. In addition, offering education in a variety of settings and formats, including in-person, virtually and through training and certification programs meets the needs of members and ensures growth of the association. Click here to apply.
September 2, 2014
Director of Education
The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), a non-profit medical specialty association located in the Chicago suburb of Rosemont, Illinois, seeks a Director of Education to provide strategic guidance for educational activities, support leadership of educational committees, coordinate and supervise the Association’s education program, including 3 FTEs, and manage all accreditation activities.
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the humanities or science, preferably with some concentration in education (a graduate degree preferred); at least five years of experience in a comparable position within a health or medical related organization, including experience with developing multi-media and digital programs; strong verbal and written communication skills; a results-oriented professional approach with a record of independent, self-motivated work; hands-on experience in planning, organizing, implementing, and managing adult education programs in a variety of venues; and experience and skill in modern electronic and teaching technologies.
AOSSM is an equal opportunity employer.
Send cover letter and resume to Tuft & Associates, ATTN: Carole Badger, JD,FASAE, CAE, firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 1, 2014
Director of Education
HRMAC, founded in 1915, is the oldest and only HR trade organization of its type. A dynamic and evolving program of activities is supported by a membership of over 700 leading companies in the Chicago area. A non-advocacy organization, plans are underway for our centennial in 2015. www.hrmac.org
Professional development is central to our mission and this position, Director of Education, leads our effort to deliver services focused on our core value. Significant contributions will be made as both project lead and strategic contributor to the Association’s goals and continued growth. This position, reporting directly to the President & CEO, will oversee and produce our single one-day conference, 3-part CEO series, webinars, and select fee-based programs. Free Interest Group events, produced and delivered by volunteers and administered by a part-time director, are another important element of the professional development portfolio.
- Develop project outline and manage all elements of program planning for professional development portfolio. Planning activities include event strategy, committee liaison, content development, vendor selection and management, marketing and promotion, oversight of social media, attendee communication and materials, budget maintenance and post-event wrap-up.
- Collaboration with staff, volunteer leaders, speakers, faculty, and subject matter experts. Includes speaker selection, communication, and management for fee-based events.
- Through a part-time contractor, oversee delivery of free, Interest Group-focused events developed and produced by volunteers.
- Develop new programs and identify delivery methodologies for online and onsite offerings for audiences including young professionals and senior executives.
- Develop and manage related budgets.
- Serve as a resource for association initiatives produced by volunteer committees.
- Represent the association, network, and serve as an ambassador to member and non-member audiences.
- Participate in governance activities related to educational development initiatives; attend board meetings.
- Supervise one direct report (70%) and one 50% contractor in addition to external support resources.
- Serve as a senior leader in the HQ organization framework.
- Bachelor degree in related field. Professional certification a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with adult education content and curriculum development and delivery methodologies.
- Successful experience of supervising staff, working with volunteers, and accomplishing goals through others.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Ability to emphasize customer service, handle multiple projects concurrently, prioritize tasks and problem-solve, as well as monitor and adjust to unanticipated circumstances.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a leader or member of an extended team.
- Effective written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced user of Microsoft applications. Working knowledge of YourMembership.com and/or Go-To-Meeting platforms a plus.
- Ability to travel throughout the Chicagoland region during regular business hours and, with limited exception, on extended hours.
- Ability to emphasize customer service, handle multiple projects concurrently, prioritize tasks and problem-solve, as well as monitor and adjust to unanticipated circumstances is desired.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits package includes health and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, generous PTO allowance, flexible hours and M-F schedule. Local travel only. Please provide a description of related experience, resume and salary requirements. Apply online.
August 28, 2014
Reports to: Director of Curriculum Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Description: The E-Learning Developer will create web-based, multi-media education assets for the CCIM designation education curriculum. The CCIM Institute, a professional association with over 13,000 members, is the global leader in commercial and investment real estate education and services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. A primary focus is to develop, edit, and maintain e-learning assets for Blended Learning course development.
• Use Adobe Captivate and to create and edit multi-media components for mobile learning (laptop, tablet, smart phone) which contain text, graphics, video, and audio.
• Use multi-media tools to create, edit, maintain short video lectures and demonstrations of course concepts and applications.
• Develop interactive online exercises and assessments.
• Ensure resources are optimized for mobile learning.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to create short video lectures and demonstrations of course concepts and applications.
• Collaborate with outside vendors in creation and editing of short video.
2. Identify and implement technologies to support incorporation of social learning into CCIM education programs.
• Assess existing technology tools and identify appropriate education applications
• Research, analyze and recommend alternative course delivery methods.
3. Create training resources for CCIM staff, students and instructors.
• Establish and monitor metrics for determining effectiveness of resources.
4. Manage multi-media assets on CCIMs LMS, Knowledgebase and other platforms as appropriate.
• Test all digital assets to ensure functionality and consistency with high quality standards.
• Assist with management of version control of technology assets.
5. Assist Director of Curriculum to determine timing and scope of education projects.
6. Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. One — four years of experience with e-learning development.
3. Experience with learning management and virtual classroom systems, as well as web based course design
4. Experienced with use of Captivate to create and edit multi-media components for mobile learning (laptop, tablet, smart phone) which contain text, graphics, video, and audio.
5. Familiarity with blended learning design and strategy for professional adults.
6. Excellent verbal communication skills, including formal presentation skills.
7. Strength in building professional relationships.
8. Demonstrated project planning and monitoring skills. Ability to meet deadlines and stay within project scope requirements.
Please apply directly at our website: http://www.realtor.org/careers-at-nar/search-jobs