Welcome back to students, faculty, and alumni! The start of a new semester always brings a sense of anticipation about new possibilities. This semester is no different as we begin the 2015-16 academic year with some exciting changes and additions:
A big welcome to Roosevelt University’s new President, Ali Malekzadeh who brings a renewed focus on helping our students achieve their American dream. You can read more about his background. I am sure that our program and the University as a whole will benefit from his expertise in strategic management.
Another big welcome to our new adjunct faculty member, Toni Thompson, who will teach TRDV 435 Organization Development this fall. Toni is a MATD alumni with many years of experience in both training and organization development.
You will see a revised and updated curriculum for both our M.A. in Training and M.A. in Organization Development that reflects critical skills and expertise needed by practitioners in both fields. You can learn more about the updated MATD curriculum here and the MAOD curriculum here. Students enrolling in our program prior to Fall 2015 will have the option of following the old curriculum.
Welcome also to our newly formed Alumni Board that includes graduates working in a variety of occupations related to training and organization development. Our new board includes:
- Erwin Lee Acox, Jr., Chief of Diversity Recruitment and Outreach at Illinois Department of Transportation
- Jeff Carpenter, Principal at Caveo Learning
- Jenny Massoni, Global Head of Training & Communication at Astellas Pharma
- Mallory Gott, Director, Education Development, Association Forum Chicagoland
- Darryl Calhoun, MATD, Director of Programs and Operations at South Suburban PADS (non-profit helping the homeless)
- Reggie Jackson, Academic Technology Analyst at the University of Chicago and TRDV adjunct faculty member
- Kim Heintz, Product Trainer at Silk Road and TRDV adjunct faculty member
- Mary Channon, Senior Training Professional, Mariano’s
- Mallory Gott, CEO, Advanced Events
- Janet Castelli, Instructional Designer, Motorola
- Jay Semla, Sr. Professional Development Manager, Society of Actuaries
- Israel Vargas, Assistant Provost for College Access and Targeted Recruitment Programs, Roosevelt University
- Leslie Rae, Senior Program Director- Business Transformation, ADP
We are exploring the addition of digital badges to our online course. Stay tuned for more on this in next week’s post.
We hope you have an enjoyable and valuable semester!