Below you will find local face-to-face events, webinars, and virtual training sessions relevant to our students, alumni and readers. Note that all are listed in Central Standard Time and are listed in ascending order, with the most recent events first. For more information about the events, please refer to the linked information in the original post or the contact person listed.
How to be the “Super Motivator” Webinar and Virtual Presenter
Date & Time: July 18th at 11 a.m.
Webinars and virtual presentations are now a way of life in day-to-day operations. We communicate, motivate, collaborate and solve problems through webinars and virtual presentations. Yet admit or not, many of us have become monotonous and unimaginative in our presentations that our very presence has become uninteresting and we lose rapport with our learners during our virtual sessions. We push learners into multi-tasking and sleepy modes.
Ray has presented hundreds of webinars and has consistently engaged learners and team members. What are the secrets of being the super motivator webinar and virtual presenter?
● How to deal with the fear inside you
● How to brainstorm to produce creative presentations
● Identify the structure of a highly engaging webinar and virtual presentation
● How to translate your emotions into “felt experiences” by your audiences
● How to help learners “think” and “empathize”
● Discover the source of being a truly “super motivator” webinar and virtual presenter
Attend the webinar and download for Free, Ray’s eBook on “101 Secrets of Super Motivator Webinar and Virtual Presenter.
Learning Management Redefined: The Benefits of a Customer Training Platform
Date & Time: July 19th at 12 p.m.
Are you cramming customer education into your HR training system? Today, many companies are investing in technologies that are purpose-built for customer education. As a result, they are improving the experience for both students and administrators.
Join us for this complimentary Training Industry webinar, featuring customer onboarding and engagement expert Donna Weber, to learn the key benefits of a customer training platform. This webinar will provide insights on:
- Why your legacy system might be letting your customers down
- What to consider when looking at a customer training platform
- Solutions and services to round out your customer education technology stack
How to Engage Your Leadership on Engagement!
Date & Time: July 24th at 11 a.m.
Deloitte’s Global Human Resources Trends indicates that employee engagement (and culture) is the number one challenge facing business leaders. But, they sadly claim, organizations are only ‘somewhat ready’ for this challenge.
Many leaders and CEO’s still haven’t embraced engagement as a strategic business initiative. If your organization is one of them, this could be a costly oversight. Why? Retaining and finding talent has never been difficult than it is RIGHT NOW. in the driver’s seat.
In this high energy and captivating webinar, global engagement thought leader and author Bob Kelleher will give you practical and specific ideas to help ‘engage’ your leadership team. Specifically, Kelleher will outline:
- Key business metrics proving that engagement DRIVES business results
- Specific ideas to help you ‘get’ the attention of the C Suite that engagement must be a priority
- How to help leaders create a line of sight describing where the company is going, how you’re going to get there, and what role all of your employees play in helping you get there.
- How to measure the ROI of your engagement efforts
- Why training your first line leaders is a necessary first step to engagement
- How to build a communication ‘promise’ that will build alignment, engagement, and consistency of message
- How effective performance management drives engagement (because A players want to work with A players)
- Why building a culture of celebration and recognition drives positive business results
- The importance of defining one’s “Why” (according to research by Jim Collins (Good to Great), firms that focus on Purpose outperform their peer group 6X!
- Why Empathy is the NEW BLACK
Coaching People to Be Like You? Here’s Why That’s a Big Mistake
Date & Time: July 25th at 12 p.m.
How can two coaching conversations, where everything seemed the same on paper, turn out so differently in practice? Managers who are new to coaching quickly discover that no two coaching conversations are alike – because no two people are alike. What one person is motivated by and seeks out may be totally different from another. And what is energizing and inspiring to one person may completely exhaust or irritate someone else.
“Coaching in their own image” understandably often happens by default. But the most effective coaches know what their own behavior style is and, most importantly, focus on how they need to adapt to meet the needs of different people on their team.
Join us for this complimentary Training Industry webinar, sponsored by Integrity Solutions. Your hosts, Integrity Solutions CEO Mike Esterday and executive partner Derek Roberts, will take a closer look at four different behavior styles: doer, talker, controller and supporter. They will provide tips for recognizing your own behavior style and adapting to and coaching those with different styles.
This interactive webinar will provide easy-to-understand insights on:
- Understanding your own behavior style and its impact on those who exhibit one of the other three styles
- How behavior styles can help managers understand their own biases and why some people may be less responsive and engaged or react in different ways to coaching discussions
- How managers can use this information to adapt their approach to get the most from each coaching engagement and dramatically improve their organization’s overall coaching effectiveness
- The critical importance behavior styles play in leadership, sales, customer service and other areas
Legally Using Video in Training
Date & Time: July 27th at 10 a.m.
We know that VIDEO is now considered to be an essential for engagement and as a vital component in training.
In this session, we’ll delve into and answer these questions: How can we incorporate video into our training modules? More important, where can we get relevant videos? Producing our own may be the ideal, but, beyond the costs, what are the legal issues? How can we incorporate content created by others to produce our customized “on point” training? Is there no-cost or low-cost footage out there? Do we link, embed, copy? What about mash-ups?
As with all things involving copyright, IT DEPENDS.
Join us in this follow-up to Copyright Basics for Trainers: Selecting Images and Music That Won’t Break the Budget—Or the Law as we DIG DEEPER into how to use video legally.
Coaching in The Drama Triangle
Date & Time: July 31st at 11 a.m.
A significant reason managers don’t coach their people is that there’s no obvious WIIFM. Sure, the person they coach improves in engagement, productivity and impact, so the organization benefits too. But for the manager, coaching can feel like just another obligation. By understanding the Drama Triangle, managers can reach that aha! moment where they realize how being more coach-like can help them work less hard and have more impact.
In this webinar, Michael Bungay Stanier will explore the three archetypal roles of the Drama Triangle. You’ll also learn three ways to get out of the pull of the Drama Triangle. You’ll leave with a clear method to recognize and avoid behaviours that prevent us from being the best version of ourselves.
Mousify Your Organization’s Performance: Five Keys to Disney Inspired Success
Date & Time: August 1st at 11 a.m.
Examine the five Walt Disney inspired strategies for peak organizational performance—Purpose, Priorities, People, Platform, Process—and learn how Walt Disney applied each of them to his theme park business. Then discover specific tactics for applying all five to your organization’s business and training needs.
Everything Walt Disney touched seemed magical. It wasn’t. It was method. Learn the method and you can make your own magic. That method is based on five leadership, customer and ‘castomer℠’ performance strategies that deliver a single purpose-focused outcome.
In this insightful and engaging presentation, 25-year Walt Disney World veteran Lenn Millbower shares the ways in which the following five strategies were, and are, trained, coached, rewarded and enhanced at every level within the Disney parks organization.
- Discover how a single unifying goal delivers role function clarity to team members at all levels of the organization.
- Explore the operating and behavior filters that identify the expected behavior and operating behaviors expected of all personnel.
- Examine how leader treatment of castomers℠ determines castomer treatment of customers and results in increased business profit.
- Identify environmental and performance staging elements that align the experience into an emotive, engaging whole.
- Determine how a relentless plussing process improves performance for maximum results.
5 Things Every Training Professional Should Know About Evaluation – A Conversation with Jim and Wendy Kirkpatrick
Date & Time: August 8th at 11 a.m.
Many training professionals are generalists who are required to know a little bit about a lot of different topics. One common theme, though, is that any training or intervention is supposed to “work,” meaning it improves on-the-job performance and contributes measurably to key organizational results. Sounds simple enough, but this basic principle has baffled many accomplished training professionals for decades.
In this program, Jim and Wendy Kirkpatrick will share the most important evaluation considerations that should be built into every mission-critical program. This interactive webinar will allow you to ask your own questions before and during the program, and the most popular questions will get answered live by the Kirkpatricks.
Don’t miss this chance to ensure that you are implementing the best and latest evaluation methods in your work, and to get your questions answered.
After this program you will be able to:
1. Start any program with the right focus
2. Describe how to make a program effective
3. Determine how to illustrate program effectiveness to stakeholders
5 Ways to Calculate the ROI of Video for Employee Training
Date & Time: August 22nd at 1 p.m.
You’ve seen the reports. That shifting to video-based eLearning can save the average company 50% to 70%. That IBM found up to 40% of its classroom training costs were spent just on travel. That Ernst and Young saved 35% by investing in eLearning. And that Microsoft’s move to video-based training helped reduce costs by $303 per learner, from $320 to just $17.
But is it possible to calculate the potential ROI of video for your own organization?
Video has grown quickly with businesses large and small, proving an efficient means to scale existing training activities and enable Learning & Development teams to do more. In this webinar we’ll walk through 5 ways you can answer the ROI question for video, and give you real tools you can use to estimate the cost savings and productivity boosts video can mean for you.
Designing Virtual Training for Global Audiences
Date & Time: August 29th at 2 p.m.
Are your live online training programs designed for a global audience? Do your global participants feel comfortable in your virtual classes? Have you planned activities that resonate with cross-cultural learners? Since virtual training allows you to easily reach your global workforce, it’s easy to include everyone on the invitation. But if your program design doesn’t account for international and cultural differences, then your learning outcomes and results will fall short.
In this interactive session, we’ll go beyond the obvious and get into the practical details of how to design, develop, and facilitate virtual training programs that cross-cultural boundaries. You will learn 5 design techniques to create interactive sessions when learners virtually converge from geographically dispersed locations. In addition, you will learn 3 virtual facilitation tips for engaging culturally diverse learners. We will explore how to create comfortable and inclusive virtual learning environments. You will leave this session with a design checklist and facilitation action plan that can be immediately applied to your next virtual training class.