Below you will find webinars and virtual training sessions relevant to our students, alumni and readers. Note that all are listed in Central Standard Time and are listed in ascending order, with the most recent events first. For more information about the events, please refer to the linked information in the original post or the contact person listed.
Training Industry presents: Say It With Story: A Digital Blended Learning Success Story, sponsored by Intrepid
Mar 31, 2021 12:00 PM CST
Storytelling is a powerful communications tool for EY’s employees, enhancing relationships and promoting trust with clients and colleagues alike. This master class in business storytelling uses a digital blended learning model with opportunities for practice, reflection and feedback.
Join us for this complimentary Training Industry webinar, sponsored by Intrepid, to hear how EY developed this class and how delivery through an online, collaborative portal has produced great results.
This interactive webinar will provide insights on:
– Blending self-paced digital learning with live virtual elements.
– Setting up effective guided activities for learning and feedback.
– Incorporating consistent feedback for a dynamic learning experience.
– Tackling soft skills/people skills in an online format.
Click here to register: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_60MaKrIqTaiBGKHcuCMQ0Q
Verizon, Nielsen, & L’Oreal: Preserving Employee Learning During a Downturn (Webinar-on-demand)
Is your employee learning program under pressure due to the economic downturn?
Join executives from Verizon, L’Oreal, Nielsen and Coursera for a candid conversation about the state of learning and development during this time of crisis and economic uncertainty.
In this climate, learning budgets can be seen as luxury. However, as digital business models and virtual work become the new reality, survival in part depends on having actionable plans in place to upskill your workforce.
Nielsen CHRO Laurie Lovett, Verizon VP of Global Learning and Development Lou Tedrick, L’Oreal VP of Learning Laurent Reich and Coursera’s Chief People Officer, Rich Jacquet, will discuss powerful strategies to help your organization prioritize learning during this time of unprecedented change and disruption.
Attendees will learn:
How to make the case that employee upskilling is a mission-critical priority for your organization
Why high-quality learning can mitigate stress and anxiety and improve employee resilience
Practical advice to motivate employees to continue learning while working remotely
Predictions for how learning initiatives will change long-term post-COVID-19
Click here to access webinar-on-demand: https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=reg20.jsp&partnerref=salesinviteondemand&eventid=2297702&sessionid=1&key=A54E1796AF0C9700D5128FC047FBEC55®Tag=&sourcepage=register
Training Industry presents: The Business of Learning, Episode 29: How Training Professionals Can Help Organizations Eliminate Racism (Audio lesson with resources/access anytime)
As we released this episode in June 2020, the U.S. — and the world — is in a state of unrest. The murders of Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd and Breonna Taylor sparked outrage over the systemic racism Black people continue to face in their daily lives and has brought racial injustice to the forefront of conversations among individuals, communities and organizations.
To learn more about what learning and development (L&D) leaders can do to help eliminate racism in the workplace, we spoke with Dr. Theresa Horne, CPTM, and Dr. Russell Robinson, senior training professionals at government agencies, and Valerie Jackson, senior director of global inclusion and diversity at Procore Technologies.
Listen to learn more on:
- The challenges Black employees, and other racial minorities, face in today’s business environment.
- What L&D professionals can do to advance racial equity in the workplace.
- How to ensure that racial equity is always an organizational priority.
- Training Resources to Reduce Inequality and Racial Bias in the Workplace
- The Business of Learning, Episode 27: Inclusive Leadership
- Reducing Racial Bias in the Workplace: Why Emotional Intelligence Leadership Training Might Be the Answer
- A Boss Beyond Bias: Training Employees to Think Inclusively
- 3 Ways to Create Inclusive Work Environments During COVID-19 and Beyond
Click here to access audio lesson: https://trainingindustry.com/articles/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/the-business-of-learning-episode-29-how-training-professionals-can-help-organizations-eliminate-racism/
Training Industry presents: Learning at the Speed of Change: COVID-19’s Impact on L&D (access anytime)
COVID-19 has impacted the way we live, work and learn. The pandemic has forced learning and development (L&D) to accelerate their learning programs to ensure learners have the skills they need to not only survive but thrive amidst the chaos. The pandemic has accelerated the future of corporate training, yielding new workforce skills, a shift to digital learning and an increased focus on learning analytics, requiring increased agility from the learning function.
Join us for this complimentary Training Industry webinar, sponsored by CrossKnowledge. Your host, Jan Rijken, learning director at CrossKnowledge, will share research-based insights on how COVID-19 has transformed L&D as well as predictions and recommendations for corporate training in 2021.
This interactive webinar will provide easy-to-understand insights on:
- How COVID-19 accelerated the future of L&D.
- The skills employees need to succeed in the future of work.
- Key recommendations for a thriving L&D function in 2021.
Cognition, Emotion, And Social Learning In Learning Design – The IDEA Model – Webinar with Monica Savage, President of Obsidian Learning (access anytime)
Historically, adult learning has been about facts. People are experts at filling their brains with facts, but sometimes they forget about relevancy, recall, usability, and impact. How can we design learning that speaks to the “whole learner”? How can we make a dramatic impact and ensure effective performance outcomes?
In this webinar, we will explore how to design learning programs for the “whole learner,” addressing learners’ cognitive, emotional, and social characteristics. We will introduce real-world examples of this concept, providing you with Obsidian’s Instructional Design Model, a process to apply in your own learning design.
So, in this session you will learn:
- How to apply a “whole learner” design process to your learning design
- How to identify the potential for increasing performance through driving the incentive
- How to design using Obsidian’s IDEA Model
- How to augment existing learning deliverables with emotional and social engagement
E-Learning Industry – Establishing A Virtual Learning Culture, And Sustaining It – Webinar with Dr. Kate Worlton-Pulham, Senior Performance Consultant at AllenComm (access anytime)
Many organizations across industries look at “training” as a one-off event. That is, they do not consider that ongoing learning, with the right leadership support, yields both high performance and—the difficult to achieve—excellence. On the other hand, some organizations have ongoing (virtual) learning tactics in place. However, they lack the strategies to create a strong learning culture. We refer to a culture where learning is a constant and consistent feature, tied to performance, and even career development.
No matter the current state of their learning culture, organizations need strategies for managing cultural change, starting with gaining buy-in—from all levels of leadership as well as employees!
This webinar will provide strategies that make establishing and sustaining a learning culture—either virtual or not—in your organization less daunting and more digestible.
During this session, you will learn:
- Change management strategies and how to gain buy-in for a learning culture from the grassroots up
- Ways to increase the dividends of learning
- How to incorporate ongoing learning into your organization’s brand
- Virtual personalization methods to achieve right-time, right-audience, right-behaviors learning
- Measurement strategies for managers to link just-right employee learning to performance metrics and career development
- How to apply both push and pull learning methods in a hybrid training and performance learning experience
- Technology tactics and platforms that can both provide the foundation of the (virtual) learning culture and ensure learning measurement and sustainment
The Six Pillars of Neurolearning Design – Webinar with Greg Kozera, Creative Learning Director of ELM Design (accessed anytime)
Join this brain engaging and attention-grabbing webinar to discover:
- How cognitive neuroscience, intent, and appeal join forces in Neurolearning Design
- The six pillars of Neurolearning Design for eLearning
- How Neurolearning Design can help create a positive performance outcome
Neurolearning design is a framework crafted and trademarked by ELM to elevate learning experiences by creating higher engagement, faster recall and better retrieval of information for learners. Neurolearning Design combines insights from modern cognitive theory, adult learning theory, and design theory to create eLearning that works.
Throughout this one hour webinar, we will arm you with tactics to apply Neurolearning principles and examples of real Neurolearning applications so you can make your own learning more effective.
Access to the webinar is free and can be viewed anytime: https://elmlearning.com/webinar/neurolearning-design-on-demand/