Welcome to the RU Training Job Board!
Paylocity Corporation – Instructional Designer – Remote
About The Opportunity
The Instructional Designer will apply adult learning principles to analyze, design, develop, implement, evaluate, and maintain high quality training content for eLearning programs, instructor led content, virtual classroom design, tool kits, study guides, and performance support aids using standardized instructional design methodology. The Instructional Designer collaborates with business partners and key stakeholders to conduct a learning needs assessment to identify learning gaps and opportunities. The Instructional Designer recommends and creates highly-engaging learning experiences for both internal and external clients and works with subject matter experts to develop learning content. The Instructional Designer is also responsible for developing learning assessments and training evaluations and is able to analyze results. The Instructional Designer will participate in professional development activities and will also play an active role in coaching and mentoring fellow designers and team members.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Consult with business partners, and stakeholders to perform training needs analysis.
- Collaborate with SMEs to gather and analyze relevant content and to clarify learning objectives.
- Partner with Learning Design Manager to determine and recommend the proper approach to design, develop, and implement learning deliverables.
- Plan, organize and create training materials, programs and/or curricula to meet specific business objectives.
- Recommend and create learning activities that are congruent with learning objectives.
- Determine project goals/milestones based on identified business needs/timelines, and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Execute the development and implementation of learning programs and deliverables such as instructor led, eLearning, blended, or other media by using various software applications taking into account audience, business needs, and requirements.
- Develop innovative approaches that incorporate industry trends and best practices.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of appropriate tools and resources used to develop training content including MS Word, Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, SnagIt, etc.
- Administer learning assessments and training evaluations and gather results.
- Develop tools/resources for evaluating/measuring post-training learning effectiveness (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups, observations checklists).
- Gather, review, and create summaries of the training evaluations.
- Make recommendations on enhancements to learning programs and training deliverables based on results of the evaluation.
- Ensure all materials are consistent and aligned with learning and development guidelines and established standards.
- Write scripts and talking points for eLearning modules and videos.
- Write supporting materials for learning activities such as agendas, schedules, quick reference guides, FAQs, handouts, job aids, trainer and participant guides.
- Incorporate graphics, video, or photography to support course development.
- Responsible for technical quality and function of all courses.
- Can manage complex training projects and can coach and mentor others on effective project management skills.
- Participates in cross-training/skill building activities on team and within the department.
- Actively coaches and develops members of the team and department. Facilitates cross-training and skill building sessions.
- Additional duties as assigned
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Communications, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Communications, or related field preferred
- 3+ years experience developing eLearning projects
- Computer skills required including strong aptitude with web-based applications and expertise in MS Office programs required
- Expertise Proficiency in utilizing eLearning authoring tools
- Knowledge of latest technology in eLearning, Webinars, social media, etc.
- Knowledge of training and development practices and methods including needs assessment and instruction design for instructor led, virtual, online, and blended training
- Knowledge of learning theories and principles including adult learning theory
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a creative team
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Expertise with Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Create Cloud preferred
Apply at: https://www.paylocity.com/careers/career-opportunities/all-listings/?jobId=4656&lever-source=IndeedSponsored
Resilience Chicago – Director of Education and Training – Remote
About The Opportunity
Resilience is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the healing and empowerment of sexual assault survivors through non-judgmental crisis intervention counseling, individual and group trauma therapy, and medical and legal advocacy in the greater Chicago metropolitan area. Resilience provides public education and institutional advocacy in order to improve the treatment of sexual assault survivors and to effect positive change in policies and public attitudes toward sexual assault.
We are seeking a new Director of Education & Training to lead our Education & Training program. As a member of the agency’s program leadership team, this position oversees the implementation of public education, professional training, and sexual assault prevention education programs. The Director of Education & Training supervises program staff, interns, and volunteers. The Director is responsible for managing the overall quality of the Education & Training program and its day to day operations, and for the development and quality of agency public speaking and training curriculums.
This position will initially work from home, as Resilience is working remotely during the COVID pandemic.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Gender and Women’s Studies, Teaching, Higher Education, Educational Policy and Leadership, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of supervisory and staff supervision experience preferred.
- Previous experience in the field of sexual violence/gender-based violence, domestic violence, education or social justice issues is required.
- Strong analysis of social justice framework including racial equity, reproductive justice, disability inclusion, economic justice and LGBTQ+ issues required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong public speaking skills with a variety of audiences.
- Previous experience working on women’s and/or human rights issues, and working with diverse populations including LGBTQ and BIPOC communities strongly preferred.
- Completion of a minimum of 40‐hours of sexual assault training within 90 days of hire is required; previous completion of the training is very strongly preferred requirements.
- Flexibility to work occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Job Search Tools
If you are actively seeking a new position, below are recommended search tools that you may find helpful.
General Position Announcements
Training and Development only
ATD Job Bank https://jobs.td.org/
Instructional Technology Jobs in Academia