Welcome to the RU Training Job Board!
The RU Training job board has a new format as of fall 2019. Here you will find job and internship opportunities submitted by our current students, alumni, and blog subscribers only. If you have an opportunity you would like to post here, please forward it to Kathy Iverson email@example.com
Aspen Dental Managemet Instructional Temporary Postion in Instructional Design
This position was submitted by one of our alumni. If you would like more information or to apply, please contact Anne Rigby at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the position from Anne: I recently took a job at Aspen Dental Management in the west-west loop area (address below), and am leading a team of six instructional designers as we develop curriculum in various media to support both Aspen Dental dentists and the office staff that support them.
This resource would start as a temp but with the possibility of a move to permanent. S/he/they would need to be located in Chicago. Initially, they would be putting SCORM wrappers on compliance courses and loading them to our current LMS. They would also help us as we rebrand, compile, and test e-learnings and other learning objects as we load and test them in our new LMS.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has recently completed or will soon complete their Roosevelt T&D degree
- Can start soon
- Wants to work at 40 or close to 40 hours (we could consider at 20-30 hours now, if they want to move to full time by midyear)
- Is passionate about L&D
- Is familiar with Articulate (preferably 360 but if not, an ability to learn it quickly)
- Has had some experience or classroom experience with online video and elearning
- Prior use of LMS a plus, but not necessarily required
- Is detail-oriented and checks their work
- Is comfortable learning new things quickly
- Has an interest in learning and being challenged
- Is comfortable with a rapid pace of work
- Is comfortable working with using multi-location meeting softwares such as Zoom, Team, etc – as half my team in in Syracuse, NY
- International students must have Visa/I-9/paperwork approval to work in U.S.
Curriculum Developer: Contract Postion at IManage
Apply through LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1692285525
Being a Curriculum Developer at iManage means…
You will work as a part of the Customer Adoption team and be the Content Developer for iManage. You will use rapid instructional design processes to aid the design and development of customer facing technical curricula. You have experience in developing instructor-led courseware, eLearning, written learning assessments, and self-paced learning using industry standard platforms such as MS Office applications (particularly Word, PowerPoint and Publisher), Camtasia, and Articulate Storyline.
You have a demonstrated passion and aptitude for enterprise technology, as well as a willingness to learn and teach technical concepts. Having excellent written communication skills and project management skills are a must. As part of the interview process, we will review past samples of work.
iM Responsible For…
- Developing and delivering iManage online and instructor led training curriculum
- Updating and revising existing curriculum as needed
- Updating and developing certification exams
iM Qualified Because I Have…
- A Bachelor’s degree that has a significant communications or technical component. E.g., journalism, communications, training, instructional design, technical writing
- 1+ years of professional experience in curriculum development, eLearning development or technical writing for an enterprise software company. Experience developing instructor led, certification courseware.
- A knowledge of MS Office with strong skills in PowerPoint and an expert in either Camtasia, Captivate, or Articulate Storyline. Experience in SQL Server, MongoDB, Windows Server, macOS.
- Experience working across multiple, local and international teams, spread across time zones and cultures.
Summer 2020 E-Learning Design Intership
Also, please note this internship may lead to a full-time position.
E-Learning Internship at Shure Incorporated
At Shure we have an incredible 12 week paid internship program with a flexible start and end date, this year we have over 70 internship opportunities. I am reaching out to you because this summer our Shure Audio Institute group is hiring an E Learning Design intern. They are looking for undergrad or graduate students who are passionate and pursuing a degree in Instructional Design. The Shure Audio Institute has had an intern the past two summers and have hired them both full time.
Roosevelt students can learn more about the role and apply here.
Instructional Design position at Kronos: https://www.kronos.com/why-kronos
- Who should apply: those looking for a remote position with 1-3 years of experience in instructional design
- A recent MATD grad with at least 1 year of ISD/E-learning experience
- A current MATD student with at least 3 years of ISD/E-learning experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of E-learning authoring tools
Job Search Tools
If you are actively seeking a new position, below are recommended search tools that you may find helpful.
General Position Announcements
Training and Development only
ATD Job Bank https://jobs.td.org/
Instructional Technology Jobs in Academia